81. Baek G, Kim D, Kim J, Kim H, Lee C* (2020) Treatment of cattle manure by anaerobic co-digestion with food waste and pig manure: methane yield and synergistic effect. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 17(13): 4737.
80. Kim H, Choi H, Lee C* (2020) The potential use of human urine as a solvent for biogas upgrading. J. Water Process Eng. 36: 101343.
79. Jung H, Baek G, Lee C* (2020) Magnetite-assisted in situ microbial oxidation of H2S to S0 during anaerobic digestion: a new potential for sulfide control. Chem. Eng. J. 124982.
78. Jo Y, Cho K, Choi H, Lee C* (2020) Treatment of low-strength ammonia wastewater by single-stage partial nitritation and anammox using upflow dual-bed gel-carrier reactor (UDGR). Bioresour. Technol. 304: 123023.
77. Baek G, Kim J, Kim J, Lee C* (2020) Individual and combined effects of magnetite addition and external voltage application on anaerobic digestion of dairy wastewater. Bioresour. Technol. 297: 122443.
76. Jung H, Kim J, Lee C* (2019) Temperature effects on methanogenesis and sulfidogenesis during anaerobic digestion of sulfur-rich macroalgal biomass in sequencing batch reactors. Microorganisms 7: 12.
75. Cheong D-Y, Harvey J T, Kim J, Lee C* (2019) Improving biomethanation of chicken manure by co-digestion with ethanol plant effluent. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 16: 5023.
74. Volpin F, Yu H, Cho J, LEe C, Phuntsho S, Ghaffour N, Vrouwenvelder J.S, Shon H* (2019) Human urine as a forward osmosis draw solution for the application of microalgae dewatering. J. Hazard. Mater. 378: 120724.
73. Baek G, Kim J, Lee C* (2019) A review of the effects of iron compounds on methanogenesis in anaerobic environments. Renew Sust Energ 113: 109282.
72. Kim D, Kim H, Kim J, Lee C* (2019) Co-feeding spent coffee grounds in anaerobic food waste digesters: Effects of co-substrate and stabilization strategy. Bioresour Technol 288: 121594.
71. Jo Y, Hwang K, Lee C* (2019) Enhancing anaerobic digestion of vegetable waste and cellulose by bioaugmentation with rumen culture. Membrane Water Treat 10: 213-221.
70. Yu H, Kim J, Lee C* (2019) Nutrient removal and microalgal biomass production from different anaerobic digestion effluents with Chlorella species. Sci Rep 9: 6123.
69. Kim J, Kim J, Lee C* (2019) Anaerobic co-digestion of food waste, human feces, and toilet paper: Methane potential and synergistic effect. Fuel 248: 189-195
68. Yu H, Kim J, Lee C* (2019) Potential of mixed-culture microalgae enriched from aerobic and anaerobic sludges for nutrient removal and biomass production from anaerobic effluents. Bioresour Technol 280: 325-336
67. Kim J, Baek G, Kim J, Lee C* (2019) Energy production from different organic wastes by anaerobic co-digestion: Maximizing methane yield versus maximizing synergistic effect. Renewable Energy 136: 683-690.
66. Jo Y, Kim J, Hwang K, Lee C* (2018) A comparative study of single- and two-phase anaerobic digestion of food waste under uncontrolled pH conditions. Waste Management 78: 509-520.
65. Jung H, Kim J, Lee C* (2018) Biomethanation of harmful macroalgal biomass inleach-bed reactor coupled to anaerobic filter:Effect of water regime and filter media. Int J Env Res Public Health 15: 866.
64. Kim D, Kim J, Lee C* (2018) Effect of mild-temperature thermo-alkaline pretreatment on solubilization and anaerobic digestion of spent coffee grounds. Energies 11: 865.
63. Baek G, Kim J, Kim J, Lee C* (2018) Role and potential of direct interspecies electron transfer in anaerobic digestion. Energies 11: 1-18.
62. Choi G, Kim J, Lee S, Lee C* (2018) Anaerobic co-digestion of high strength organic wastes pretreated by thermal hydrolysis. Bioresour Technol 257: 238-248.
61. Jung H, Kim, J Lee S* (2017) Effect of enhanced biomass retention by sequencing batch operation on biomethanation of sulfur-rich macroalgal biomass: Process performance and microbial ecology.Algal Res 28: 128-138.
60. Baek G, Kim J, Lee S, Lee C* (2017) Development of biocathode during repeated cycles of bioelectrochemical conversion of carbon dioxide to methane. Bioresour Technol 241: 1201-1207.
59. Jo Y, Kim J, Park T, Hwang K, Kim D*, Lee C* (2017) Potential for enhanced biomethanation for food waste by bioaugmentation with rumen fluid. Desal Water Treat (accepted).
58. Kim J, Kim H, Lee C* (2017) Ulva biomass as a co-substrate for stable anaerobic digestion of spent coffee grounds in continuous mode. Bioresour Technol 241: 1182-1190.
57. Baek G, Jung H, Kim J, Lee C* (2017) A long-term study on the effect of magnetite supplementation in continuous anaerobic digestion of dairyeffluent - magnetic separation and recycling of magnetite. Bioresour Technol 241: 830-840.
56. Cho K, Shin SG, Kim W, Lee J, Lee C, Hwang S* (2017) Microbial community shifts in a farm-scale anaerobic digester treating swine waste:correlations between bacteria communities associated with hydrogenotrophic methanogens and environmental conditions. Sci Total Environ 601-602: 167-176.
55. Kim J, Kim H, Baek G, Lee C* (2017) Anaerobic co-digestion of spent coffee grounds with different waste feedstocks for biogas production.Waste Manage 60: 322-328.
54. Lee H-K*, Cho KH, Lee C, Cho J, Yi H, Seo Y, Cho GH, Kwon YN,Lee C, Paek KM (2017) Science Walden: Exploring the convergence of environmental technologies with design and art. Sustainability 9: 35.[doi:10.3390/su9010035]
53. Baek G, Kim J, Lee C* (2016) A long-term study on the effect of magnetite supplementation in continuous anaerobic digestion of dairy effluent -enhancement in process performance and stability. Bioresour Technol 222:344-354.
52. Choi G, Kim J, Lee C* (2016) Effect of low pH start-up on continuous mixed culture lactic acid fermentation of dairy effluent. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 100: 10179-10191.
51. Jung H, Kim J, Lee C* (2016) Continuous anaerobic co-digestion of Ulva biomass and cheese whey at varying substrate mixing ratios: different responses in two reactors with different operating regimes. Bioresour Technol 221: 366-374.
50. Jo Y, Kim J, Lee C* (2016) Continuous treatment of dairy effluent in a downflow anaerobic filter packed with slag grains: reactor performance and kinetics. J Taiwan Inst Chem E 68: 147-152.
49. Han G, Shin SG, Lee J, Lee C, Jo M, Hwang S* (2016) Mesophilic acidogenesis of food waste-recycling wastewater: Effects of hydraulic retention time, pH, and temperature. Appl Biochem Biotechnol 180:980-999.
48. Kim MS, Lee KM, Kim HE, Lee HJ, Lee C, Lee C* (2016)Disintegration of waste-activated sludge by thermally-activated persulfates for enhanced dewaterability. Environ Sci Technol 50: 7106-7115.
47. Jung H, Kim J*, Lee J, Hwang S, Lee C* (2016) Biomethanation potential of marine macroalgal Ulva biomass in sequencing batch mode: Changes in process performance and microbial community structure over five cycles.Biomass Bioenerg 91: 143-149.
46. Kim H, Kim J, Shin SG, Hwang S, Lee C* (2016) Continuous fermentation of food waste leachate for the production of volatile fatty acids and potential as a denitrification carbon source. Bioresour Technol 207:440-445.
45. Barrett M, Khalil MI, Jahangir MMR, Lee C, Cardenas LM, CollinsG, Richards KG, O’Flaherty V* (2016) Carbon amendment and soil depth affect the distribution and abundance of denitrifiers in agricultural soils. Environ Sci Pollut Res 23: 7899-7910.
44. Baek G, Kim J, Shin S, Lee C* (2016) Bioaugmentation of anaerobic sludge digestion with iron-reducing bacteria: process and microbial responses to variations in hydraulic retention time. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 100: 927-937.
43. Kim J, Lee C* (2016) Response of a continuous anaerobic digester to temperature transitions: A critical range for restructuring the microbial community structure and function. Water Res 89:241-251.
42. Jung H, Baek G, Kim J, Shin S, Lee C* (2016) Mild-temperature thermochemical pretreatment of green macroalgal biomass: effects on solubilization, methanation, and microbial community structure. Bioresour Technol 199: 326-335.
41. Baek G, Kim J, Cho K, Bae H, Lee C* (2015) The biostimulation of anaerobic digestion with (semi)conductive ferric oxides: Their potential for enhanced biomethanation. Appl Micrbiol Biotechnol 99:10355-10366.
40. Shin SG, Han G, Lee J, Cho K, Jeon EJ, Lee C, Hwang S* (2015) Characterization of food waste-recycling wastewater as biogas feedstock. Bioresour Technol 196: 200-208.
39. Bae H, Choi M, Lee C, Chung Y-C, Yoo YJ, Lee S* (2015)Enrichment of ANAMMOX bacteria from conventional activated sludge entrapped in poly(vinyl alcohol)/sodium alginate gel. Chem Eng J 281: 531-540.
38. Jo Y, Kim J, Hwang S, Lee C* (2015) Anaerobic treatment of rice winery wastewater in an upflow filter packed with steel slag under different hydraulic loading conditions. Bioresour Technol 193:53-61.
37. Gu Y, Chen L, Ng JW, Lee C, Chang VWC, Tang C* (2015) Development of anaerobic osmotic membrane bioreactor for low-strength wastewater treatment at mesophilic condition. Journal of Membrane Science 490:197-208.
36. Kim J, Lee C* (2015) Response of a continuous biomethanation process to transient organic shock loads under controlled and uncontrolled pH conditions. Water Res 73: 68-77.
35. Bae H, Chung Y-C, Yang H, Lee C, Aryaparatama R, Yoo YJ, Lee S*(2015) Assessment of bacterial community structure in nitrifying biofilm under inorganic carbon-sufficient and -limited conditions. J Environ Sci Health A 50:201-212.
34. Kim J, Lee C* (2014) Rapid fingerprinting of methanogenic communities by high-resolution melting analysis. Bioresour Technol 174:321-327.
33. Kim J, Jung H, Lee C* (2014) Shifts in bacterial and archaeal community structures during the batch biomethanation of Ulva biomass under mesophilic conditions. Bioresour Technol 169: 502-509.
Baek G, Kim J, Lee C* (2014) Influence of ferric oxyhydroxide addition on biomethanation of waste activated sludge in a continuous reactor. Bioresour Technol 166: 596-601.
31. Jung H, Kim J, Lee S, Lee C* (2014) Effect of mild-temperature H2O2 oxidation on solubilization and anaerobic digestion of waste activated sludge. Environ Technol 35, 1702-1709.
30. Kim J, Lim J, Lee C* (2013) Quantitative real-time PCR approaches for microbial community studies in wastewater treatment systems: applicaitons and considerations. Biotechnol Adv 31:1358-1373.
29. Kim J, Kim W, Lee C* (2013) Absolute dominance of hydrogenotrophic methanogens in full-scale anaerobic sewage sludge digesters. J Environ Sci 25:2272-2280.
28. Barrett M, Jahangir MMR, Lee C, Smith CJ, Bhreathnach N, CollinsG, Richards KG, O’Flaherty V* (2013) Abundance of denitrification genes under different peizometer depths in four Irish agricultural groundwater sites. Environ Sci Pollut Res 20: 6646-6657.
27. Kim J, Yu Y, Lee C* (2013) Thermo-alkaline pretreatment of waste activated sludge at low-temperatures: Effects on sludge disintegration, methane production, and methanogen community structure. Bioresour Technol 144: 194-201.
26. Kim J, Lee S, Lee C* (2013) Comparative study of changes in reaction profile and microbial community structure in two anaerobic repeated-batch reactors started up with different seed sludges. Bioresour Technol 129: 495-505.
25. Kim J, Cho KJ, Han G, Lee C*, Hwang S* (2013) Effects of temperature and pH on the biokinetic properties of thiocyanate biodegradation under autotrophic conditions. Water Res 47: 251-258.
24. Kim W, Shin SG, Cho K, Lee C, Hwang S* (2012) Performance ofmethanogenic reactors in temperature phased two-stage anaerobic digestion of swine wastewater. J Biosci Bioeng 114: 635-639.
23. Kim J, Shin SG, Han G, O’Flaherty V, Lee C*, Hwang S* (2011)Common key acidogen populations in anaerobic reactors treating different wastewaters: Molecular identification and quantitative monitoring. Water Res 45: 2539-2549.
22. Bialek K, Kim J, Lee C, Collins G, MahonyT, O’Flaherty V* (2011)Quantitative and qualitative analyses of methanogenic community development in high-rate anaerobic bioreactors. Water Res 45:1298-1308.
21. Lee C, Lee S, Cho KJ, Hwang S* (2011) Mycelial cultivation of Phellinuslinteus using cheese-processing waste and optimization of bioconversion conditions. Biodegradation 22: 103-110.
20. Shin SG, Han G, Lim J, Lee C, Hwang S* (2010) A comprehensive microbial insight into two-stage anaerobic digestion of food waste-recycling wastewater. Water Res 44: 4838-4849.
19. Kim W, Lee S, Shin SG, Lee C, Hwang K, Hwang S* (2010) Methanogenic community shift in anaerobic batch digesters treating swine wastewater. Water Res 44: 4900-4907.
18. Shin SG, Lee S, Lee C, Hwang K, Hwang S* (2010) Qualitative and quantitative assessment of microbial community in batch anaerobic digestion of secondary sludge. Bioresour Technol 101: 9461-9470.
17. Lee C, Kim J, Shin SG, O’Flaherty V, Hwang S* (2010) Quantitative and qualitative transitions of methanogen community structure during the batch anaerobic digestion of cheese-processing wastewater. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 87: 1963-1973.
16. O’Reilly J, Lee C, Chinalia FA, Collins G, Mahony T, O’FlahertyV* (2010) Microbial community dynamics associated with biomass granulation in low-temperature (15 °C) anaerobic wastewater treatment bioreactors. Bioresour Technol 101: 6336-6344.
15. O’Reilly J, Lee C, Collins G, Chinalia FA, Mahony T, O’FlahertyV* (2009) Quantitative and qualitative analysis of methanogenic communities in mesophilically and psychrophilically cultivated anaerobic granular biofilms. Water Res 43: 3365-3374.
14. McKeown RM, Scully C, Enright AM, Chinalia FA, Lee C, Mahony T,Collins G, O’Flaherty V* (2009) Psychrophilic methanogenic community development during long-term cultivation of anaerobic granular biofilms. ISME J3: 1231-1242.
13. Lee C, Kim J, Hwang K, Hwang S* (2009) Fermentation and growth kinetic study of Aeromonas caviae under anaerobic conditions. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 83: 767-773.
12. Lee C, Kim J, Chinalia FA, Shin SG, Hwang S* (2009) Unusual bacterial populations observed in a full-scale municipal sludge digester affected by intermittent seawater inputs. J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 36:769-773.
11. Lee C, Kim J, Hwang K, O’Flaherty V, Hwang S* (2009) Quantitative analysis of methanogenic community dynamics in three anaerobic batch digesters treating different wastewaters. Water Res 43: 157-165.
10. Shin SG, Lee C, Hwang K, Ahn JH, Hwang S* (2008) Use of order-specific primers to investigate the methanogenic diversity in acetate enrichment system. J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 35: 1345-1352.
9. Lee C, Kim J, Shin SG, Hwang S* (2008) Monitoring bacterial and archaeal community shifts in a mesophilic anaerobic batch reactor treating a high strength organic wastewater. FEMS Microbiol Ecol 65: 544-554.
8. Lee C, Kim J, Do H, Hwang S* (2008) Monitoring thiocyanate degrading microbial community in relation to changes in process performance in mixed culture systems near washout. Water Res 42:1254-1262.
7. Lee C, Lee S, Shin SG, Hwang S* (2008) Real-time PCR determination of rRNA gene copy number: Absolute and relative quantification assays with Escherichiacoli. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 78:371-376.
6. Kim J, Lee C, Shin SG, Hwang S* (2008) Correlation of microbial mass with ATP and DNA concentrations in acidogenesis of whey permeate.Biodegradation 19: 187-195.
5. Lee C, Kim J, Shin SG, Hwang S* (2006) Absolute and relative QPCR quantification of plasmid copy number in Escherichia coli. J Biotechnol 123:273-280.
4. Lee C, Kim J, Hwang S* (2006) Optimization of adenosine5′-triphosphate extraction for the measurement of acidogenic biomass utilizing whey wastewater. Biodegradation 17: 347-355.
3. Yu Y, Lee C, Hwang S* (2005) Analysis of community structures in anaerobic processes using a quantitative real-time PCR method. Water Sci Technol 52: 85-91.
2. Yu Y, Lee C, Kim J, Hwang S* (2005) Group-specific primer and probe sets to detect methanogenic communities using quantitative real-time PCR. Biotechnol Bioeng 89: 670-679.
1. Lee C, Kim J, Chang J, Hwang S* (2003) Isolation and identification of thiocyanate utilizing chemolithotrophs from gold mine soils. Biodegradation 14: 183-188.